It was 6 months ago when I first saw the Eiffel Tower. I remember making a video raving about the experience but at the same time ranting about my single status. Paris, after all, is the city of lights and love. How can you explore it alone and loveless?
But life has a funny way of turning things around. I found myself coming back and attaching love locks at the Pont des Arts bridge but this time, with a significant other. What a dream come true!
Quite honestly, it was a trip I had to take only so I can renew my Schengen visa. I had no plans of dating in Paris. But the dear boyfriend (DBF) unselfishly agreed to spend time (and money!) to accompany me. I’m a happy lucky girl! 🙂
My first 3 posts about Paris back in December pretty much toured you around. So this entry will just be a photo collage of the random things I got to see during this weekend getaway. I created an amateur video too using my iPhone. How I wish I can have a new handy video camera so I can create more awesome travel videos!
6. What’s behind the Louvre? This small fountain and lots of people just chilling by.
8. What’s behind the Eiffel Tower? This statue. It reminds me of the one in front of the Palace of Versailles.
9. I went to Paris and my first meal of the day was Lebanese food courtesy of my half-French, half-Lebanese friend Amelie.
10. Here she is… my beautiful sister from a different mother! It’s crazy how we bonded. She used to be just our intern in the office. But we became good friends and vowed to see each other in Europe. We’ve seen each other twice already since we parted ways in Manila. Life is good!
11. Life is even better when you are surrounded with kind and generous relatives. This couple hosted us for the weekend. They have been residing in Paris for years and they speak the language fluently already. Thanks, Tita D. and Tito L. for the hospitality!
18. DBF insisted on taking a “follow me” photo. This turned out to be nice. 🙂
19. I will never get tired of Paris. ’til we meet again!
20. The video–